AC Compressor Repair and Replacement in Reading
If you are experiencing any of the following, your AC compressor may be failing:
- No cool air: If your AC compressor isn’t working, it can hinder the cooling process.
- Hard starts: If your AC shakes and shutters violently every time you turn it on, your compressor may be busted.
- Strange sounds: Unfamiliar rattling or banging sounds may be a sign of a failing compressor.
- Tripped circuit breaker: A malfunctioning compressor can cause your circuit breaker to trip which cuts power to your AC. If this happens frequently, there’s a good chance your compressor is failing.
Your AC compressor has the hard job of turning cool, low pressure gas into hot, high pressure gas. This is just one step in the complex multi-step cooling process, but if it fails, the entire AC unit fails.
How to Avoid AC Compressor Failure
As a rule of thumb, it’s always good to maintain and clean your air conditioner. Proper maintenance may not only prevent compressor failure, but on the whole it will keep your air conditioning unit operating at peak efficiency and design performance.
We recommend the following AC maintenance regimen:
- Frequently clean the air filter.
- Ensure the air filter is properly fitted to the intake vent.
- Replace filters about once every two months.
Benefits of AC Compressor Repair and Replacement
- Lower energy bills.
- Decreased chance of needing future repairs.
- Extended equipment life.
- Peace of mind.
At Essig, we will troubleshoot your specific compressor problems, but also come prepared to evaluate the health of your entire system and tackle any other unexpected AC issues.
Don’t delay—get Essig on the job and let us help with all of your AC compressor problems.
Why Choose Essig
Essig has built a standard of outstanding service and our commitment to excellence begins with your call. Our highly trained technicians will determine the best solution for your situation and you can be confident that you’ll be presented with price options whenever possible. When you call Essig, you can rest assured that your emergency is our emergency. Our customers know that we’re available 24 hours a day.
Have More Control Over Your Comfort The first air conditioning units had two settings—on and off. Either the temperature inside the house was different from the temperature outside of it, or it wasn’t. Nowadays air conditioners generally come with a programmable thermostat that provides more control over the system, saves money on utilities and conserves
Knowing the Functions of AC Parts Will Help to Make a Sound Investment When you purchase and install a window unit, it’s easy to assume that an air conditioner is just one piece. Compact, easy to lug around and not complex. The truth is, air conditioners are systems—intricate components connected to one another
When deciding on a central air conditioning for your home, you have a lot to consider. Reliability, energy efficiency, price - they're all important factors. But, there's another piece of the puzzle that you don't want to leave out: the brand and model.