Whole House Humidifiers in Reading
In the colder months, humidity levels can plunge to uncomfortably low levels and cause all kinds of complications with your health and in your home. Here are a few of the most common ill effects of low humidity levels in your home:
- Respiratory ailments.
- Skin irritation.
- Static electricity.
- Furniture and floor damage.
Whole House Humidifier Features
At Essig, we have seen a huge spike in the popularity of whole house humidifiers in recent years. These high-tech systems can regulate the indoor moisture levels of your home and unlike the small, portable humidifiers most of us are familiar with, whole house models can be installed directly into your existing HVAC system. Once installed, whole house humidifiers distribute humidity and moisture in the form of water vapor throughout the living areas of your home. Then you can use a thermostat to easily monitor and adjust not only your indoor temperature, but the humidity levels as well.
Whole House Humidifier Benefits
- Health: Viruses (like the FLU!) thrive in low-humidity environments. That means that without enough moisture and humidity in your home, you are risking exposure to viruses like the flu, colds, and other respiratory ailments. Low-humidity environments also make people more susceptible to infections that their immune systems might otherwise have had no trouble with. Injecting some humidity into your home’s indoor air can go a long way to protecting you and your family from illness.
- Lower energy bills: You can set the regulator on your whole house humidifier and it will automatically adjust for ideal moisture levels. This allows you to maximize comfort at lower temperatures and save money on utility bills.
- Comfort: Low humidity levels can cause uncomfortably dry nasal passages, sore throats, and cracked, itchy skin.
- Ease seasonal allergy symptoms: Whole house humidifiers are a healthy choice, particularly for those suffering from allergies or asthma. Moisture eases nagging symptoms brought on from dry air.
- Home Preservation: Dry, moisture-free air can cause severe damage to many household items, such as wood floors, plaster, paint, furniture, artwork, electronics and musical instruments. Supplying your house with the proper amount of humidity can protect your home and its contents from the adverse effects of dry air.
With all the abundant advantages of owning a whole house humidifier, it seems only natural that every home should have one installed. Humidifiers provide an affordable way to promote comfort and good health amongst your home’s occupants.
Call Essig today and make your home a healthier and more comfortable place through the restorative effects of whole house humidification!
Why Choose Essig
Essig has built a standard of outstanding service and our commitment to excellence begins with your call. Our highly trained technicians will determine the best solution for your situation and you can be confident that you’ll be presented with price options whenever possible. When you call Essig, you can rest assured that your emergency is our emergency. Our customers know that we’re available 24 hours a day.
Have More Control Over Your Comfort The first air conditioning units had two settings—on and off. Either the temperature inside the house was different from the temperature outside of it, or it wasn’t. Nowadays air conditioners generally come with a programmable thermostat that provides more control over the system, saves money on utilities and conserves
Knowing the Functions of AC Parts Will Help to Make a Sound Investment When you purchase and install a window unit, it’s easy to assume that an air conditioner is just one piece. Compact, easy to lug around and not complex. The truth is, air conditioners are systems—intricate components connected to one another
When deciding on a central air conditioning for your home, you have a lot to consider. Reliability, energy efficiency, price - they're all important factors. But, there's another piece of the puzzle that you don't want to leave out: the brand and model.